Pole and Strap Adjustments
Adjusting your poles
People come in all sizes and heights. That's why LEKI developed the Super Lock System. You can lengthen or shorten your poles as needed. And do it with less tightening effort than any other adjustable poles.
- To adjust the pole height, hold it diagonally with your left hand on the upper section and your right hand on the lower section. Begin turning the lower section in your right hand, towards you, approximately 3-6 turns or until you can slide the sections apart easily.
- Place the pole upright and with your hand holding the grip, bend your elbow 90 degrees, making small adjustments in the height of the pole as you get into position.
- Lock the correct adjustment by holding the pole diagonally again with the lower section in your right hand. Begin turning the lower section away from you 3-6 turns until you feel the sections start to lock. If you continue to turn past the resistance point, you will over-tighten the sections causing the locking mechanism to jam and become difficult to undo.
- Now, place the pole in the upright position and straighten your arm, allowing a slight bend at the elbow as if you are shaking hands with someone...that's it, the correct Nordic Walking position for maximum traction and power.
- Put your hand into the Adjustable/Releasable Trigger Strap and you're ready to go.
Adjusting the Trigger Strap
LEKI's Adjustable/Releasable Trigger Strap offers superior wrist support and the convenience of a releasable system. The strap stays on your hand while you easily click in and out of the grip, making it convenient for stretching before heading out on your walk or grabbing a water break.
- The Trigger Strap is designed to fit on the right and left hand, indicated by an "R" or "L" on the strap (A). Loosen the strap and insert your hand into the strap area, making sure the connection piece is between your thumb and forefinger. Tighten the strap across the back of your hand to comfortable snugness (B).
- To release the Trigger Strap, pull the release lever on top of the grip towards you, while pulling your hand (within the strap) away from the grip (C). To click the Trigger Strap back into the grip, simply push the ridged connector piece into the slot until the last click (D).